Benvenuto nel nuovo sito de "L'Erma di Bretschneider". Per una migliore navigazione assicurati di utilizzare la versione aggiornata del tuo browser.
Per scaricare la versione aggiornata del browser preferito clicca uno dei seguenti link:
Hai bisogno di assistenza? Clicca qui
*no text defined* Academia.edu
CHECKOUT
Shopping Cart -
Subjects
Africa
Ancient Near East
Archaeology
Architecture
Art History
Decorative Arts
Egypt
Epigraphy
General Philology
Greek Philology
History
Iconography
Latin Philology
Law
Linguistic / Literature
Middle and far East / Africa / Islam
Mosaics
Mythology / Religion
Numismatics
Painting
Papyrology
Philosophy
Pottery
Restoration / Conservation
Sculpture
Topography / Excavations
Varie
Series and journals
Search  
Advanced search
Start search
History

Our Founder, Max Bretschneider, was born in Crimmitzschau, Saxony and first landed in Rome in 1894. Once in the Eternal City, M.B. worked at Herman Loescher's publishing house and bookshop until 1896, when upon Loescher's death, he was offered the chance to take it over. In 1907, Max opened his own bookshop at via del Tritone, 60. It bore his name and soon became a "must" for all those interested in antiquities or the ancient world. After his wedding with Maria Hefner and after the First World War, which he fought in Germany, Max returned to Italy and in 1928 he moved his bookstore, publishing house and home to its present address of Via Cassiodoro, 19. In 1945 finally «L'ERMA» di BRETSCHNEIDER was born. L'Erma is not only the acronym of Libreria Editrice Romana Monumenti d'Arte, but the name also refers to the marble herm that still welcomes visitors to via Cassiodoro. Max introduced and instructed his six children in his field of interest, so much so that all six of them became partners in the Firm. After Max's death in 1950, his daughter Erminia and one of his sons, Giorgio, bought the shares of the remaining four brothers in 1959 and worked together untill 1973, until Giorgio abandoned the House. It was then in 1974 that Erminia formed a new partnership with her own children Roberto, Francesco and Maria Silvia Marcucci. When Erminia Bretschneider passed away, her son Roberto took over the chairmanship of the board of directors. At the present time Mrs Elena Montani is the managing director.




Copyright ® 2007-2016 L'Erma di Bretschneider, All rights reserved
L'Erma di Bretschneider Spa - Via Cassiodoro, 11 - P.O.Box 6192 - 00193 ROMA (IT)-P.IVA 00980691000
Tel. +39.06.68.74.127 - Fax+39.06.68.74.129
Log in restricted area
e-Mail
Password
Log in
 
 
L'Erma award for Archeology 2016
 
L'Erma award for Art History 2016
 
 
 
 
Info
Where we are
Editorial Guidelines
Publish With Us
Customer Service
Contact Us
Sale Conditions
Site Map
Account
Profile
Order history
Newsletter
L'Erma Awards
L'Erma award for Archeology 2016
L'Erma award for Art History 2016